Candidates need a strong business and entertainment background. Role requires proactively seeking and management of recruitment projects within the State’s entertainment sector. Professionally and positively representing the State of Tennessee in front of executives, business leaders, elected officials, stakeholders and public speaking engagements. Will be required to support the management and administration of State grants, sponsorship programs, marketing, and participate in strategic and operational development.
Job Title: TEC Director of Business Development (PDF)
Division: Tennessee Entertainment Commission (TEC)
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Level/Salary Range: Commensurate to Education and Experience
Anticipated Start Date: December 2022/January 2023
Resumes and Cover Letters Accepted By E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org With A CC: email@example.com Subject Line: TEC Director of BD
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Tennessee Entertainment Commission’s (TEC) mission is to increase high quality job opportunities and infrastructure development for Tennessee’s entertainment sector through the promotion and implementation of programmatic initiatives that reinforce the State as a relevant market for the production & development of multimedia entertainment properties. The TEC Director of Business Development (DBD) serves as lead for Tennessee’s Creative industry growth initiatives. This includes providing vision & leadership for strategy development & execution; supporting grant management; operational management for the Create Here marketing campaign; supporting the development of local, statewide & out-of-state industry mission partners; developing & supporting the TEC’s creative sponsorship program. This position requires a great deal of determination, strong communication skills, an attention to detail, an ability to work with various stakeholders, and a positive team orientation.
The TEC Director of Business Development is responsible for:
- Proactively seek and manage recruitment projects within the entertainment sector from start to finish. This process includes identifying potential new clients, responding to workforce, project location or site selection requests, coordinating and participating in all stakeholders, departmental or local engagements. Effectively communicating project updates to the Commission leadership and if applicable Departmental leadership and assisting with other activities needed for decision making by an individual production and media-based company.
- Understand and explain all incentive programs available to content creators and media-based companies locating or expanding in Tennessee including F&E tax credits, Sales/Use Tax exemptions and 25% Production Grant Program. If applicable, must provide a working knowledge of ECD programs such as FastTrack Job Training Assistance Program, FastTrack Infrastructure Development Program and FastTrack Economic Development Program.
- Develop strong working relationships with the Tennessee media-based brands, content creators, key business services, agencies, local leadership, community partners and other key economic development stakeholders so that they can assist with recruitment projects relevant to the advancement of the state entertainment sector.
- Become a knowledgeable expert in key business clusters with the entertainment sector. Research and know specifics regarding key cluster that will provide opportunities to generate leads and new clients interested in Tennessee.
- Professionally and positively represent the State of Tennessee in front of executives, business leaders, elected officials, stakeholders and public speaking engagements.
- Support the management and administration of the 25% Production grant management; engage in management support for the Create Here marketing campaign and participate in strategic development & operational management of TEC’s creative sponsorship program.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (preferably a degree in Business Administration).
- Highly motivated leader with a passion for business recruitment and project management.
- Self-starter with experience managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced and high-intensity environment with important deadlines.
- Possess exceptionally strong communication skills.
- Work with diverse stakeholders, including company executives and local government leaders.
- Strong mathematical, analytical, research, presentation and written/oral communication skills are essential. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel is required.
The strongest candidates will have existing relationships with Tennessee based and national media-based organization, local content creators and industry business services and/or private sector experience. TEC Director of Business Development will have the opportunity and be required to travel in-state and out-of-state regularly.
About The Department of Economic & Community Development:
The Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development’s mission is to develop strategies that help make Tennessee the No. 1 location in the Southeast for high quality jobs. To grow and strengthen Tennessee, the department seeks to attract new corporate investment to the state and works with Tennessee companies to facilitate expansion and economic growth. Find us on the web: tnecd.com. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @tnecd. Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/tnecd
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.