Did we mention this is a paid writing gig? That's right, we will pay you for each high-quality post that you submit to us monthly. BONUS: After every 4 blog posts submitted, you will receive a VFX Stock Footage Collection of your choice!
Who we are:
ActionVFX is a visual effects stock footage company based in Johnson City, Tennessee. We create world-class creative assets in a mountain town that are used by Film and VFX professionals all around the world. Projects that have used ActionVFX products include Stranger Things (Netflix), Spider-Man: Far From Home (Marvel), The Walking Dead (AMC), Call of Duty WW2 (Activision), Arrow (CW), Jack Ryan (Amazon), and much more!
We’re on a mission to build the undisputed best and largest library of VFX assets in the world and distribute it to the artists who need it. The driving force behind our mission and culture are our core values:
- Strive for Excellence
- Bring Your Passion
- Never Stop Innovating
- Play to Win
- Be Kind
We’re a hardworking Team that lives by these values everyday.
What are We Striving for with the ActionVFX Blog?
We want people to come to our site for more than simply buying stock footage, and a blog is the perfect tool for that. We want the ActionVFX Blog to be a place that VFX Artists and Filmmakers can visit regularly to learn and improve their skills. A place that users can count on for high-quality educational material that is relevant to them. We want first-time visitors to find out how much knowledge we have to offer them before they even realize we also make the best VFX Stock Footage on the market.
Who is the Target Audience?
Our target audience consists of “intermediate” and “professional” VFX artists (mainly compositors). By “intermediate”, we mean anyone who has VFX skills, but aren’t necessarily doing VFX as a job. These can include students, indie filmmakers, and even post-production professionals who only dabble in VFX. By “professional”, we mean anyone who actually makes a living off of VFX work. This includes freelancers, studio artists, VFX Supervisors, etc.
What does an ActionVFX Blog Writer do?
- Creating concise, eye-catching headlines and body copy
- Consistently brainstorming and collaborating with team for new ideas and strategies
- Researching markets and industries to compare and create content that is innovative and fresh, as well as targeted specifically for VFX professionals
- Ensuring articles are at a minimum of 650 words
- Finding relevant pictures for each article submitted (to keep a good photo-to-content ratio 3-4 pictures per article is recommended)
What are the Requirements?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong grasp of the English language
- Strong understanding of SEO
- Creative and innovative
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and Google Docs
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
We’ll be honest, we’re looking for A-players and we know that takes time. The first step is to apply. We're accepting applications on a rolling basis and will review them promptly and get back to you about next steps.